Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Most Anticipated 2008: The Dark Knight

Today is the first of the year, and at this moment, the film I am looking forward to most in 2008 is The Dark Knight. Not to be too much of a Batman fanboy, but the combination of being so utterly satisfied with Batman Begins as well as the official trailers and posters for the new film are building my expectations. That first official trailer, oh boy, it sends me two conflicting messages. I want to watch and re-watch so much, yet at the same time never watch it again lest anything be too familiar and jarringly contextualized when I finally see the film come summer. And I refuse to watch the first sequence from the film that can be found pirated after being released in front of I Am Legend on IMAX screens. I need to save something. I have some sense of aesthetic dignity. And I have complete faith in Christopher Nolan that I need not become ingrained in the marketing.

Can't sleep. Clown'll eat me.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home