Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Best of the Year in Film: No Country for Old Men

The Year: 2007

The Film: No Country for Old Men

Written and directed by the Joel & Ethan Coen based on a novel by Cormac McCarthy.

Starring Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, and Javier Bardem.

Brilliant.


Justification: I may not see as many films in a year as I wish, but no other had quite as much impact as this one. I'll give it a proper review once I can watch it again, hopefully over and over on DVD. And I'll discuss how I personally justify the undoubtedly contentious ending. I imagine everyone does it just a little differently.

Runners-up: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Eastern Promises, Zodiac, The Darjeeling Limited

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home