Monday, January 07, 2008

This Song Sounds Like That Song

I was listening to Rilo Kiley's 2007 release Under the Blacklight and was struck by a case of déja vu concerning the track "Close Call." I couldn't find anything to help my suspicions on Wikipedia or AllMusicGuide, but I thought long and hard about it. That's right, it was some serious detective work. Finally, I concluded it sounded like the Meat Puppets' "Lake of Fire." Now, I know this song mainly through the cover by Nirvana on their MTV Unplugged live album, and I'm sure it's the same with most people. Now actually listening to both songs, and playing them on top of each other, I concluded absolutely nothing so maybe I'm just crazy. But I think this song sounds like that song...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home