Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The only thing that really worried me was the ether.

Like a parasite, it latched onto my brain. And I just couldn't shake. My brain, goddammit. In particular my imagination. What does it mean? it asks. Why, why, why does it all depend. I speak of course of this post from Monday, August 25, 2008. While as the comments attest, the ether was working overtime that day. But there was something special about this one. Here is that of which I speak, the mysterious unsolicited text message, reprinted for your browsing convenience:

From:
281-[redacted]
Message:
I FORGOT TO
CHARGE THE
PHONE LASTNIGHT
WE WILL THINJ OF
SOMETHING ELSE
Received on:
Aug 23, 08 10:49am


There is something inspired about it.

The Text Message

so much depends
upon

a phone charged
last night

a day planned
ruined

something some-
thing else

...apologies to William Carlos Williams.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home